Every year on June 23, we celebrate National Hydration Day. This day is a reminder of the importance of staying hydrated, and the many health benefits that come with it.
Why is hydration important?
The human body is made up of about 50% to 70% water. Water is essential for many bodily functions, including:
- Regulating body temperature
- Lubricating joints
- Transporting nutrients to cells
- Removing waste products from the body
When we don't get enough fluids, we can become dehydrated. Dehydration can cause a variety of symptoms, including:
- Muscle cramps
- Dry mouth
- Dark urine
How much water should we drink?
The amount of water you need to drink each day depends on a number of factors, including your age, activity level, and climate. However, the general recommendation is to drink 8 glasses of water per day.
How to stay hydrated
There are a number of ways to stay hydrated. Here are a few tips:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in water content, such as watermelon, cucumbers, and celery.
- Avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they can dehydrate you.
- If you are exercising, drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after your workout.
- We recommend an oral rehydration salt if you think you may be dehydrated. NormaLyte uses the World Health Organization's recommended formula for oral rehydration.
Celebrate with BOGO50% off!
June 23 we will be having a one day sale. Buy one, get one 50% off! Take advantage this year and stay hydrated!
National Hydration Day is a great opportunity to learn about the importance of staying hydrated and to make a commitment to drinking more water. By following these tips, you can help to keep your body healthy and hydrated all year long.